2010 AmorePacific (CEO Kyung-bae Seo) Pink Ribbon Marathon of Love held on the purpose of promulgating the importance of early diagnosis and offer useful information regarding the breast cancer was finished today (10th) at Yeouido Park Culture Ground in Seoul This year, 10th Pink Ribbon Marathon of Love, the marathon was held beginning from Busan in April; in Daejeon in May; Kwangju in Jun; and Deagu in September, and to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the birth of the event, it began at 10:10 AM on October 10th.
During the Seoul event, 12000 participants wore Pink t-shirts and filled the Yeouido Park with pink. Also, AmorePacific model Tae-hee Kim (model for HERA), pianist, professor Hye-kyung Seo (honorary ambassador of Korea Breast Cancer Foundation), actress Du-shim Gho all participated in the event. In addition, popular band “One Two” performed to celebrate the event, 10th anniversary commemoration photo exhibition, and caricature booth to print out and upload the pictures taken on site and other events for participating families to enjoy took place. Other than this, at the event, there was a breast cancer free consultation booth and “Mammo Bus" was run to give opportunity to examine breast cancer and perform education for people to self-diagnose breast cancer.
Since 2001, it has been 10th year this year for Pink Ribbon Marathon of Love which all families participated to awaken the awareness of breast cancer and think about precious health of women who are mothers as well as wives. The event was hosted by Korea Breast Cancer Foundation and conducted by AmorePacific and sponsored by Ministry of Health and Welfare, Ministry of Gender Equality and Family and Korea Breast Cancer Society. Every year, the event takes place in 5 cities and the all entry fees will be donated to Korea Breast Cancer Foundation to be used for breast cancer prevention and treatment research. So far, there were total of 160000 participants in the event and 1.5 billion won has been donated to contribute the proliferation of sharing health culture.
* 2010 Pink Ribbon Marathon of Love in Seoul guidelines
- Hosted by: Korea Breast Cancer Foundation
- Conducted by: AmorePacific
- Sponsored by: Ministry of Health and Welfare, Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, Korea Breast Cancer Society, Korea Foundation for Women, Korea National Council of Women and Seoul City
- Sponsored by: HERA, Ketoprofen, Yoplait, K•SWISS, b2y, Samsung NX10, HDK, PAKER, codes combine
- Date & Time: Marathon begins on October 10, 2010, 10:00 AM
- Venue: Seoul Yeouido Park Culture Ground
- Participating Fields Hope Course (10km), Health Course (5km)
- Fee: 10,000 won (* All entry fees will be donated to Korea Breast Cancer Foundation.)